Alternating Current Photovoltaic
So … what is ACPV? Simply defined, it is an integrated SolarBridge Micro-Inverter with a polycrystalline module that provides a powerful, reliable, and flexible solution for solar energy. It converts the DC energy from the module to AC energy at the module level, has simple and effective designs, and of course has a higher degree of safety. ACPV is superior to DC systems for a number of reasons.
So … why ACPV?
- Roof-ready AC modules are up to twice as fast to install as DC modules.
- System design becomes easier with no-string sizing or AC bus cables.
- Additional AC modules are easy to add because each module operates independently.
- Only SolarBridge offers an integrated microinverter backed by the same 25-year guarantee as a solar module.
- SolarBridge designs its microinverters for reliability, using film caps instead of e-caps or other failure-prone components.
- Rigorous testing and qualification ensures performance and reliability well beyond regulatory standards.
- Constant on-site monitoring identifies performance issues quickly, minimizing any system downtime.
- Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) at the module level means each AC module produces its maximum power.
- AC module systems produce up to 25% more energy, even in shady conditions.
- Sites previously disqualified, due to shade or roof orientation, are now good candidates for solar.
- No exposed DC wiring on the roof or in the building, decreasing the risk of shock hazard.
- The microinverter automatically shuts off in the event of a fire or arc fault.
- In the event of a fire, rescue workers can shut off all live electricity, not just the central inverter.
Energy Consultants Group is the only TrueAC™ Certified installer in Iowa. You can be confident that, with this factory-issued credential and our other professional credentials, your ACPV project will be in the best of hands.
Most of our customers have chosen the path of ACPV. They’ve seen the advantages.
Discover the Energy Consultants Group advantage!